Senior Data Engineer
- Possess an understanding of the data structures and governance.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Design and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets to build data mart that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Communicate effectively with Developers and Business users to understand and clarify requirements.
- Support internal training and proper documentation ensuring the successful onboarding of new team members.
- Implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Spark and Big Data Technologies for various use cases built on the platform.
Qualifications & Experience:
Experiences & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Data Engineer role, ETL with large amounts of data.
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling, ETL data pipeline.
- Experience with using the following software/tool in the big data field.
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Presto, Kafka,…
- NoSQL and OLAP database: MongoDB, Elastic search, etc.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow.
- Good at programming languages: Scala, Python, Java.
- Experience with SRE, Patching & Automation: Kubernetes or Docker & Containerization.
- Experience in the data testing process.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis, identify problems and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Fundamental knowledge of modern cloud computing platforms and concepts is a plus (AWS/GCP).
Who we are looking for:
“Attitude is more important than aptitude”: we greatly value people who possess the 3 personal traits:
- Growth mindset
- Attractive salary, with 100% probation offered, plus multiple allowances.
- Social Insurance: fully compliant, starting from probation.
- Premium Healthcare Insurance: applicable for all official employees with proper health checks annually.
- OKR-base management: with clear SOWs, no fingerprint or any physical attendance checking system.
- Compelling Extras: 15 days off yearly, rewards & bonus based on performance, company trips, gifts on special occasions & holidays.
- Flexible working hours (Mon – Fri only), office location at Dist 1, HCMC.
Why Sieu Viet – Creating impactful career together:
- Humanity & Meaning: You won’t just be doing regular 9-5 jobs. We’ll be creating positive impacts, helping people in different aspects, moving the society forward.
- Career Growth: Through challenging yet exciting SOWs, we encourage you to go the extra miles, to challenge yourself, to dream big & achieve bigger.
- Healthy culture: Companionship is among our core values. We truly care about each other, ensuring the spirit of collaboration in daily work & life.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.